Jamey has served as an educator of teachers and students in the public school system for more than twenty years. She was an elementary teacher and literacy coach for the Indianapolis Public School District and pre-school teacher for Meridian Hills Cooperative Nursery School.
In 2003 Jamey had the opportunity to attend training on the Orton-Gillingham approach. This experience was formative in her belief that with appropriate instruction and support, it is possible to teach all students to read. Jamey currently trains teachers in this approach and supports classroom teachers and coaches with the implementation of whole-class and small-group Orton-Gillingham instruction. Jamey serves on the board of the Indiana Branch of the International Dyslexia Association and Second Story, a non-profit organization with the mission of inspiring young writers.
Jamey’s certifications and academic accomplishments:
• Certified Member (Fellow in Training) of the Academy of Orton-Gillingham Practitioners and Educators
• Master of Arts, Reading Science Mount St. Joseph University Cincinnati, OH
• Graduate Certificate in Dyslexia Mount St. Joseph University Cincinnati, OH
• Bachelors of Science in Elementary Education
• Successful completion of Certification Examination for Effective Reading Instruction International Dyslexia Association
• Dyslexia Therapist International Dyslexia Association